Early Childhood Jewish Education
August Camp Week | September Yemei Miyuchad | New Fall Programs
Early childhood Jewish education at Congregation Rodfei Zedek is offered through the Jewish Enrichment Center, an innovative Jewish center for after-school and Sunday enrichment in Hyde Park. The JEC partners with children in long-term, project-based Jewish exploration in a warm, Hebrew- and text-rich environment. All Jewish children are welcome and valued at the Jewish Enrichment Center – congregational, unaffiliated, and day school families alike.
- Open for infant through third grade
- Sessions available Sunday mornings and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons
- Provides after-school care until 5:45 p.m.
- Offers a Jewish environment sensitive to families' differing beliefs, values, and Jewish practices
- Includes children from five different schools and homeschooling children from across Chicagoland
- Offers an August one-week camp and care during selected days off school
- Includes families as partners in children's Jewish learning
- Children ages 5 and older attend at least two sessions weekly in order to build community and facilitate extended projects
Contact the JEC for transportation information from your school.
For more information, call Rabbi Rebecca at 773.234.9403 or see the Jewish Enrichment Center website. Friend the JEC on Facebook: facebook.com/jewish.enrichment.center.
What's in a year at the Jewish Enrichment Center?
Boker Tov | Breishit | building | Chanukah | child-initiated | connection | cooperation | curiosity | discussion | dressup | exploration | Food | fun | games | Hebrew | imagination | friendship | learning | nature | Jewish enrichment | parent resource | Pesach | Purim reading | music | play | Sukkot | text interpretation | Torah | Tu B'Shevat | puppet show | painting | kindness
What kind of place is the Jewish Enrichment Center?
- קהילה Kehillah (Community)
- The Jewish Enrichment Center fosters chldren's empathy by teaching skills and language for collaboration and problem-solving.
- סקרנות Sakranut (Curiosity)
- The Jewish Enrichment Center taps into children's natural desire to explore. Investigative play teaches children to reinterpret, see alternate perspectives, and think critically.
- שׁותפות Shutafut (Partnership)
- The Jewish Enrichment Center partners with families to create meaningful Jewish experiences and with local Jewish organizations to strengthen Jewish community.
- כבוד Kavod (Dignity)
- The Jewish Enrichment Center believes children are resourceful, capable, and imaginative. We provide innovative materials related to Jewish living and let children's interests guide our exploration.