Kabbalat Shabbat and Ma'ariv
Over the summer, please telephone the office before noon on a Friday to check whether there will be an evening service. During the school year when the Family Institute for Jewish Living and Learning is in session, we welcome Shabbat every Friday in an intimate service at 5:45 p.m. The emphasis is on welcoming the Sabbath Bride. This is a friendly service, sometimes led in part by our students. Join us next year as we continue to enjoy various melodies.
- Shabbat Dinners
- These are relaxed, traditional Friday night dinners following services. Let someone else do the cooking, and enjoy Shabbat dinner with friends and family. Everyone is welcome, but we tailor several kinds of dinners to our members’ needs:
- School-sponsored Dinners
- Celebrate special moments of the Jewish calendar as the whole community comes together with our Family Insitute for Living and Learning.
Join us for monthly Shabbat and holiday-themed meals including Chanukah, Tu b’Shvat, Purim, Pesach, and Shavuot. Everyone is encouraged to bring their traditional or non-traditional family recipes and share the history and stories behind them. We will have a Friday night ruach (spirit) you and your family will remember for years to come. We will also study the Parashat haShavua (weekly Torah portion) during these community dinners. Everyone is welcome at these dinners. Services during the school year are at 5:45, preceding dinner at 6:30.
- By reservation throughout the year.
- Congregational Dinners
- Services precede dinner. In addition to the dinners sponsored and cooked by the School families and other members, we will have some catered dinners as well. Dinner by reservation: dates tba. In July we enjoy a Shabbat al fresco at a congregant's home.
- Minyan Katan
- The Minyan Katan's monthly Kabbalat Shabbat service and vegetarian potluck dinner are organized by the Young Families Chavurah.
- Shabbat Chavurah
- Shabbat Chavurah offers a serene shabbat experience for adults. We celebrate a participant-led kabbalat shabbat service at 6:00, then enjoy a catered dinner together, with lots of interesting conversation. Most of the participants are empty-nesters; everyone is welcome. Come for one, a few, or every dinner! To get on the email list, or to reserve a place for each dinner, please contact the office.
- Dinner by reservation: July 20, September 14, October 26, November 9, December 7, January 18, March 8, April 5, May 10, June 7; $22/person. Dates may change due to other shul activities, so check with the office to confirm the date and make a reservation if you're going to stay for dinner after services.