Our new look reflects online host Jvillage Network's platform upgrade. We're transitioning as quickly and completely as possible. If there's information you miss, and when you discover broken links, please report the problems (and webpage URL) to WebEditor@rodfei.org for her punch list. Correction of the aesthetic problem of photo alignment is on Jvillage Network's to-do list.
Website help wanted: Photo Editor to prepare and crop photos to showcase our varied programs and activities.
fyi re Events box in the right-hand column: On the home page, this box displays featured events scheduled during coming weeks. On all other pages, the box displays activities and programs over the next few days. Click on the Calendar button for more entries.
N.B. Jvillage Network's external resources reached from the Links pages.
Try the following tips and information adapted from the 2005-2010 website for getting the most out of your online visit. Your corrections, suggestions, and comments will help immensely. Please email them to WebEditor@rodfei.org.
- Go to Home Page
- Click on the green CRZ name plate in the banner at the top of the page or the Home button in the navigation bar.
- Scrolling up and down a webpage
- To quickly navigate pages with more than one screen of information, try using the Page Up and Page Down keys. Also, the Home and End keys should take you to the top and bottom of the webpage, respectively.
- Position the mouse over the name of an event in the Calendar to display supplementary details; click on "more" to display the full entry.
- Link color
- Links appear as blue text (the conventional link indicator) rather than being underlined.
- Links to other websites
- The inclusion of links to other websites that may be useful to our visitors is not an endorsement of views therein by Congregation Rodfei Zedek or by the WebEditor.
- New browser windows
- A new window will open when you click on a link to a page outside the CRZ website.
- To close any window:
- Click in the "X" box in the upper-right corner, or
- Access the pull-down File menu either by using your cursor or by entering Alt-f on the keyboard, and then choose Close.
- JVillage Network and Darim Online
- CRZ contracted with Darim Online, a non-profit organization, in 2004 to redevelop and host our website. Darim Online developed the sophisticated website architecture, persistent navigation, and graphic design of our former site. In 2009 Jvillage Network purchased Darim Online's website development and hosting program. Jvillage Network's adoption of a new Content Management System occasioned the redevelopment of our website in 2011.
- Our website is augmented by global content from Jvillage Network, which includes "Feature Article" and all the items below it on the Links menu. The Jewish Telegraphic Agency news ticker is another feature of our hosting contract.
- Local content
- The volunteer WebEditor works in consultation with and under the direction of the Executive Committee.
- Our website content comes from many sources, including the CRZ Welcome Book, material developed by CRZ's founding Webmaster (z"l), and all manner of materials carefully written and produced by CRZ staff and member-volunteers.